The Philippines, officially the Republic of the Philippines, is an archipelagic country in Southeast Asia. Philippines offer quality MBBS education with economical tuition fees. If we compare with other US countries then tuition fees is quiet low and education pattern is similar to US study based pattern. In Philippines, MBBS is called as MD (Doctor of Medicine).
MBBS from Philippines is getting popular for MBBS aspirants from across the world because MBBS is taught in English. Unlike China or Russia, medical students don’t need to learn an additional language to study MBBS courses. There are various universities in Philippines which are recognized by MCI like Perpetual Help, Bicol Medical College, Angeles Medical university, etc. There are several low cost medical colleges for Indian students in Philippines.
The MD course is followed by pre- medicine course that is called the Bachelor of Science program. In this Psychology, Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry subjects are included. Students who already have a bachelor degree with main bio stream can directly apply for 4 years MD course. It is one of the best destinations for Indian students to study MBBS in Philippines.
Advantage of MBBS in Philippines
- Medium of instruction is English, also locals speak English language
- Highest FMGE passing ratio
- Medical education in Philippines is based on US study based pattern
- Universities are recognized by WHO and MCI
- Global accreditations given to universities in Philippines
- Philippines climate similar to India’s climate
- Disease spectrum similar to that in India
- 4th year Clerkship — Internship valid in India
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Philippines
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2(sr. secondary education)
- Minimum of 50% (45% for reserved category) marks with PCB from any recognized board
Documents required for MBBS in Philippines
- 10th Original Marksheet
- 12th Original Marksheet
- Passport Original
- Police Clearance Certificate From Passport Office
- Affidavit Of Financial Support & No Objection Clearance
- Bank Statement For 6 Months With Minimum Closing Balance Of 5 Lakhs
- NEET Admit Card & NEET Marksheet
Top Universities for MBBS in Philippines
Universities listed under MCI
38 universities are listed under MCI and 47 are registered under WDOMS.
Few more universities are listed below:
- AMA School of Medicine
- Our Lady of Fatima University (Fatima Medical Science Foundation)
- Emilio Aguinaldo College Of Medicine
MBBS from Philippines is comparatively a better option if we compare with other countries. Philippines follow US study based pattern and universities having low tuition fees. Also disease spectrum is similar to India and they consider English as their official language. This makes it easier for Indian students to live and study in Philippines.
Filipino, a standardized version of Tagalog, as the national language and an official language along with English.
The current population of the Philippines is around 110,611,457 based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.
Food and accommodation is not much expensive in Philippines. Cost of living in Philippines is 44.06% lower than in United States.
Chicken adobo: the famous Filipino dish. Also Dishes range from the very simple, like a meal of fried salted fish and rice, to fish curry, chicken curry, complex paellas and cozidos of Iberian origin created for fiestas. Popular dishes include: longganisa (Philippine sausage), tapa (cured beef), torta (omelette), adobo (chicken or vinegar, oil and soy sauce, or cooked until dry), mechado (larded beef in soy and tomato sauce), afritada (chicken or pork and vegetables simmered in tomato sauce), kare-kare (oxtail and vegetables cooked in peanut sauce), crispy pata (deep-fried pig’s leg), pancit (noodles), and lumpia (fresh or fried spring rolls).
Average Temperature of Philippines
Average temperatures in the Philippines usually range between 21 °C (70 °F) and 32 °C (90 °F) with the average yearly temperature coming in at around 26.6 °C (79.9 °F). Temperatures can fluctuate between regions and depending on the season, however generally January is the coolest month while May is the warmest.